Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Timeline

Hi everyone!  I thought I'd share a brief timeline of Jeff's and my relationship.  Just the highlights.  😊

Fall 1997--I met Jeff at Rob's house in Carbondale and we all started hanging out together.  I'm not sure of the exact date. (ages 23 & 25)

Jan 5, 1999--Jeff and I started dating. (ages 24 & 26)

April 4, 1999--Jeff took me home for Easter.  I met his family for the first time.  Never mind that he didn't tell anyone I was coming with him.  lol (ages 24 & 26)

June 19, 1999--Absolutely knew I wanted to be with this man forever...& he told me he loved me on this day.  I'd been waiting to hear those words from him. (ages 24 & 26)

September 3, 2000--Jeff asked me to be his wife, lover and friend forever, and of course, I said yes!  Then we went and had Baskin Robbins ice cream.  (ages 26 & 28)

June 30, 2001--We became Mr & Mrs Cole!  I was thrilled, and I'd say he was pretty happy too. (ages 26 & 28)

April 23, 2002--Party of 3...Ali joined our family. (ages 27 & 29)

January 7, 2004--Party of 4...Josh joined our family. (ages 29 & 31)

November 1, 2006--Party of 5...Meghan joined our family. (ages 32 & 34)

December 6, 2018--Jeff moved to Heaven.  (Yes, that is how I look at his death.  It helps me.)  My life, our kids lives, our family and friends lives are devastated, but I try to hold on to the fact that we will have eternity together.

???--Our story isn't over.   Obviously, I'm unsure of when we will be reunited in Heaven.  One part of me is ready.  Maybe this is true of many Christians who have lost a loved one.  However, the bigger part of me wants to be here for a very long time for our kids and grand kids.  I'm aiming for at least 78 good years on this Earth.  By then my kids will be in their 40's and 50's, and I will hopefully have a few grand kids running around.  However, as I've learned, God's timing isn't always our timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment