Thursday, December 19, 2019

Takes My Breath Away


Grief is something that you learn to deal with.  It's just a part of who you are after awhile.  I can go about my day to day life smiling at strangers and trying to spread joy to others even though a part of me hurts.  I've learned to function with it walking along side me.  However, every once in awhile, it still surprises me.  Today was one of those days.  My mom and I were at Farm N Fleet, and my chest started to hurt.  I'm fairly used to that pain now.  I started remembering so much...being there with Jeff, buying him the trash can of peanuts for Christmas, his boots we always got there.  The tears started flowing.  I miss him so much, all the time, but it really does take my breath away still at times.  Grief is hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment