Friday, November 8, 2019

Attitude Check

Attitude is everything!  When you are walking through a valley, your attitude is so important.  It’s not easy to walk through life consciously focused on your attitude, but when you start to work on it, you really do feel better.  Your thoughts control your life.  Because I absolutely believe that last statement to be true, I am working on gratitude and being aware of my thoughts.  As we know, November is a big month for focusing on gratitude, but really it shouldn’t be the only month.  So, even beyond November 30th, I’m going to work on journaling things I am grateful for, because I believe the more we do this the more likely we are to just naturally start to live an authentic and natural life of gratitude. Below are a couple things from this week that I am grateful for.  What are you grateful for?  I would love to hear from you, so please share at least one with me.  🙂

*I’m grateful that my daughter, Ali, took it upon herself to look for a job.  No prodding from me.  Time will tell where she will work, but I am thankful that she has the drive to do so. 
*I’m grateful that Meghan felt she could share with me that she now has a “boyfriend.”  Apparently, many of her friends don’t talk to their moms about this stuff, and I am glad that we can. 
*I’m grateful that Jeff’s friend, Brian, has taken Josh under his wing.  Josh and his friend, Wyatt, are going to go out to the farm, and he said that Brian is going to meet them out there.  I know Jeff would be very grateful for this too.
*I’m grateful that I was able to help out at the Spaghetti Supper at the junior high last night.  I don’t always want to put myself out there and be around lots of people these days, but I am grateful that I did.
*I’m beyond thankful for community.  My mom’s friend, Arlene, passed away yesterday.  At the possibility of a problem, a prayer request went out.  Within the hour, I was updated on the situation.  I’m thankful to live in a country where church, prayers, and God himself are not forbidden.


No comments:

Post a Comment