Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving!



Thanksgiving is a day to be grateful and give thanks.  Sometimes, when you are missing a loved one or grieving a difficult situation, that can seem almost impossible.  But it’s not impossible.  It’s hard because your heart hurts and you brain doesn’t want to focus on the fact that there still is good, but I challenge you to do just that.  Focus on the good. 

Last night, a new friend of mine from GriefShare, invited me to a Thanksgiving service at a local church.  I hadn’t been to church in a long time, and it was nice to worship the Lord and hear His word in a group setting with other believers.  They had us write a quick thank you letter to God.  I added to mine, and thought I would share. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Lord,

Thank you for helping me through this tragic and heart-breaking year.  Thank you for sending your son, Jesus Christ, to die for all sins and make it possible for us to all spend eternity together.  That is a blessing that has helped me so much this year.  Thinking of seeing Jeffrey again and spending eternity with you all makes it possible for me to keep moving forward.  Thank you!

Thank you for each and every second that I had with Jeffrey.  Thank you for giving the two of us many wonderful days and moments that are now memories that I can keep with me to sustain me during these years without him.  Thank you for welcoming him into your kingdom because I just know that he is there with you, Lord.  I know he believed that Jesus was your son and that He died on the cross to save each one of us.  Thank you that Heaven is a place of happiness.  I love knowing that the troubles Jeffrey had here on Earth are now lifted from him, and he is enjoying each moment in your presence now.  Thank you!

Thank you for my wonderful children, my mother, all of my wonderful family and friends.  Help me to strengthen my relationships with each and every person that includes.  Help me to be open to seeing needs that I can help with. 

Thank you, Lord, for all that you have blessed me with.  You have blessed me far beyond what I can even write down.  You have forgiven me of all of my sins, and for that I am forever grateful.  To show my gratitude and appreciation, I will work to spread your love and joy in the world today and every day. 

Your loving daughter,
Dawn Marie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Talk to God and let Him know what you are thankful for today.  Doesn’t matter if you write it, speak it, or think it.  Just let Him know just how grateful you are even in the hard times. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I hope you all have a blessed day surrounded by loved ones.  I am thankful that you all let me share this journey with you all because it makes me feel less alone.  Big hugs from me to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment