Thursday, January 16, 2020

Why God?


I heard this song on my way to work yesterday morning.  It really spoke to me! There are so many things I will never understand.  So many things that cause me to say, “Why God?” My personal big whys lately are...Why did my dad have to die at age 60?  Why did Jeffrey have to die in such a tragic way at just 46 years old? Why couldn’t I have had more time with both of them?

But let’s be honest, there are just so many whys out there...why do babies die?  Why do people go missing? Why would anyone want to kidnap or murder another human being?  Friends, you know we could sit here all day and compile a huge long list of whys. It’s honestly never ending.   

The whole song is fabulous, but I adore the chorus.  Check it out...

I don’t understand
but I understand
Why God I need You
It’s why God I run to Your arms
Over and over again
It’s why God I cling to Your love
And hold on for dear life
And I find You are right by my side

I will never understand why so many unfair things happen every single day to people all around the world.  My only glimpse of understanding is that we live in a fallen world. That is so very true.   

Many will say that God could stop things from happening.  Yes, he could. He certainly is capable and powerful enough.  However, if you are a parent, you understand that sometimes simply fixing your child’s situation doesn’t change anything.  Sometimes they need to be shown tough love. I am sure that God, our father, doesn’t enjoy sitting back and watching many of these things unfold.  

I can’t question why He chooses to stop some things and not others.  I have to trust that He has all of our best interests at heart. He is unlike any parent out there.  He has knowledge beyond what any of us will ever have. He sees the bigger picture in a way that none of us ever will.

So, while I don’t understand, I will continue to cling to Him.  I will trust that He knows best. I will continue to trust in Him because He is trustworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment