Thursday, May 21, 2020

Some Days are Tough



I am cranky today! I would love to blame the fact that I have been trying to make our internet more efficient, but it is way more than just that. I woke up this morning and quickly realized that Grandma Rose, Jeff's grandmother, passed away 3 years ago today. Then I processed the fact that in 3 days it will be 14 years since my dad passed away.

Death sucks! Grief sucks! Losing people that you love, people that are near and dear to your heart, takes a toll on you. I try to stay positive. I remind myself often that I will see these people again someday. While death feels permanent, it is not. Some days though there aren't enough positive reminders that I can give myself to cheer me up though.
To top it off, I found a video from Christmas 2008 today. It was of Jeff and the kids, and I started bawling like a baby. Ali was singing, and Josh's voice was just so different. Meghan was sitting on Jeff's lap, and he was showing off the watch I gave him. I just miss him so dang much!!!
Alright, enough of this boo-hooing. I gotta pick myself up, and cheer up. Let me share a couple photos with you of people who will always have a special place in my heart and who I can't wait to see again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment