Thursday, June 4, 2020

I Need Jesus!

Right at this very minute my house is quiet. Ali is at work, Josh is having dinner with his grandparents, and Meghan is at a friend's house. I should take advantage of this quiet and study, but I'm just sitting here soaking it in and thinking.

I'm thinking about how time is a beast none of us can conquer. It just keeps on marching to a beat that appears to accelerate at a steady pace. Saturday will be 18 months since I last saw Jeff. I don't even know how I have made it too this marker without him. Probably because I still think of him as being with me all the time, and I talk to him all the time. Brings me some comfort.
I'm soaking in the quiet and thinking that our world is so crazy lately. Pandemic, fires, murder hornets, riots... We could add more but I'm sure we don't need to. More and more the only thing I'm certain of is that I NEED Jesus! Can't get through this life without Him guiding me.
And I'm sitting here thinking about how I need to surround myself with people I love daily, do things that I enjoy often, and work hard at spreading as much joy in the world as possible. Why? Because each of those things provides me with happiness. Can't we all use a little happy in our lives? What better way to get it than to create it for ourselves?
That's enough thinking for one night. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment